2018 – 2020 Post Grad Fellowship Announcement
Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
Redwood City, CA
Fellowship: Legal Aid is inviting third year law students and recent law school graduates to propose innovative and impactful two-year fellowship projects for 2018-2020. Projects should focus on one of Legal Aid’s existing program areas: health, housing, public benefits, domestic violence, immigration, or education. Fellows will be expected to develop substantive area expertise, provide direct services to clients, complete community outreach and education, and – when applicable – contribute to policy and systems change that impacts low-income residents. Legal Aid is happy to work with applicants to help design projects that serve the needs of the community and align with Legal Aid’s mission and program areas.
Legal Aid is particularly interested in working with applicants to develop projects in the following areas:
- Education – Early intervention/education access for children
- Advance policy recommendations to address housing segregation and discrimination based on the findings of San Mateo County’s Assessment of Fair Housing
- Support housing stability of veterans transitioning out of homelessness
- Recent law school graduate
- Anticipated or current California Bar membership
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law
- Excellent writing, research and public speaking skills
Application Procedures: Email a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 page summary of your proposed project or area where you’d like to develop your project to email@example.com.